Kia ora! I’m Lee.
I’ve also inherited another son (16) and daughter (11), thanks to my new partner.
With four kids from two families, life sure is busy!
So…does minimalism works for family Christmas? Does Santa understand simple living and tight budgets? Has the Easter Bunny has even heard of moderation?
Is it even possible to raise kids who value hard work, fair play, friendship and family more than the latest fashions and gadgets?
I believe it is possible – and ordinary families like us can get there. We just need a little extra thought and care.
We need to strive for balance. Take a breath. Forgive each other when we screw up! 😉 In some ways we need to work a bit harder too, but the results are so worthwhile.
I want to teach my kids that their lives can be rich in love, time and meaningful experiences – and all of these will bring far more joy than owning lots of stuff.
I want to practice simple living…with kids.
I hope you’ll join me on my journey.
~*~ Lee ~*~
~*~ Blogging at Simple Living With Kids since August 2014 ~*~
Follow Simple living…with kids on Twitter 🙂
Follow Simple living…with kids on Facebook 🙂
Helpful blog posts for beginning minimalism
- My story OR: How I found my freedom.
- Don’t seek perfection.
- If I don’t use my life to buy stuff, what then?
- Ask yourself the hard questions.
- Replace, Reduce, Remove: A mantra for minimalism.
- Don’t compare yourself.
- De-owning is a slow process.
- Minimalism – it’s not about the stuff.
Mental health and wellbeing
- Open a window, and let the sun shine in.
- Matching sets and perfectionism.
- Clutter and depression.
- Clap your hands and start believing in fairies again.
- Find your Calcutta, and end the emptiness inside.
Other great posts
- Five Christmas toys I’d buy again – and ten I wouldn’t.
- Great storage? It’s part of the problem.
- Keeping kid clutter under control.
- Capsuling 101: Building a capsule wardrobe.
- People are worth more than stuff. So be the person you truly are.
I’m a professional writer whose hobbies include bodybuilding (I’m addicted to deadlifts!), choral composing and travelling. I love the magic of growing my own food, and the joy of pushing my body to its limits.
My bucket list includes snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef and the Greek Islands, and I love getting outside and feeling the sun on my back and the wind in my hair. I’m blessed with two amazingly awesome kids, and some incredibly supportive friends.
Life is good 🙂